The candidate will be responsible for setting up and operating the CNC laser. Some minor program editing will be required to ensure ISO 9001 quality standards are being met. The applicant must be capable of reading blueprints, using measuring instruments, and understanding written instructions. Basic math skills are essential.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Adheres to all Company Policy & Procedures and Department Procedures.
- Perform multiple and efficient set-ups, on new and proven jobs according to standards
- Checks part and enters measurements on the First Article Inspection Report, when required
- Use calipers, protractors, trig calculator, and hand tools commonly used in NC operations
- Repair / rework tapers on flanges and angle problems on parts.
- Knowledge of sheet metal tolerances, notches and tooling holes.
- Coordinates with Engineering and NC operators to ensure full understanding of each job.
- Ensures the development of parts meet all specified drawing requirements
- Ensure manufacturing drawings are complete.
- Responsible for all in process inspections and has excellent knowledge of inspection equipment
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate information to co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to receive verbal or written instructions that pertains to daily tasks.
- Ability to interpret and understand English and Metric systems of mathematics used in shop math
- Uses good judgment; seeks advice and help when necessary.
- Ability to evaluate the need to add or delete an operation for proper job costing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and hearing protectors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
401k with match