The primary objective for this person is to assemble a variety of products, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a manufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, the area Lead, and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of Efficiency, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Assembles, inspects, and packages a variety of products and related components and accessories.
- May assemble some components using mechanical aids such as presses, jigs, etc.
- As required, uses hand or power tools, soldering irons, packaging equipment, etc. to complete assignment.
- In accordance with job directions and dimensional drawings, retrieves components and/or supplies from designated area and sets up work area.
- Moves completed work to assigned location.
- Completes required job control, inventory, and related reports.
- Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Provides guidance to less experienced Assemblers in job setup, proper technique, safe work habits, etc.
- Trains associates and demonstrates proper procedures and practices.
- Employee is responsible for determining if he/she has adequate information and materials to complete task as directed.
- Employee may assist less experienced Assemblers in identifying equipment or material problems.
- Questions regarding equipment operation, materials, assembly methods, etc. are referred to the Assembly lead.
- As needed for the specific assignment, may have to use hand tools or operate bench mounted power assist tools (e.g. presses, etc.) to complete work assignment.
- May use pallet jacks, rolling storage units, or other materials moving equipment, etc. to move raw materials and finished goods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of manufacturing/assembly experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Required skills include ability to understand dimensional drawings and assembly diagrams.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and hearing protectors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
401k with match