We are looking for a qualified Accounts Payable Specialist to join our fast-paced rapidly growing manufacturing company. The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Review all invoices and process three way P.O. matching invoices for manager's approval
- Interact actively with receiving and purchasing departments including foreign subsidiary's for any pending items or issues
- Enter invoices into system, and file and maintain them accurately for payment
- Respond to supplier inquiries and correspondences via phone and email
- Process weekly check runs matching invoices to checks, obtaining signatures for checks, and distributing checks
- 1099 suppliers maintenance
- Assist with month-end closing
- Assist with year-end audits providing supporting documentation
- Perform other duties as required to support accounting department
- Ability to follow up on pending issues and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Epicor system is a big plus
- 3+ years of related experience
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Must have Associates degree or equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs and carry up to 10 lbs
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional evening work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.