Quality Inspector II
Under limited supervision, performs complex inspection tasks using sophisticated measuring tools. Provide technical support to Production and assist the quality manager with non-routine tasks to ensure compliance to quality standards.
Summary of essential job functions
- Ability to interpret engineering blue prints, source control drawings, and OEM part verification.
- Selects articles for tests at specified stages in inspection process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures
- Manage NC system to document problems within receiving and paperwork discrepancies.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability
- Conducts Quality Control Inspections in accordance with internal and customer requirements.
- Must be proficient using most precision inspection tools to obtain measurements.
- Have knowledge of alloys and material certifications for product acceptance
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. Three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and hearing protectors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D