CNC Programmer - Horizontal
CNC Horizontal Programmer
CNC Programmer will have the responsibility for developing part process, CNC Horizontal programs and some setting up of advanced milling equipment. CNC Programmer should be proficient with CAD based software, familiarity with diamond cutting tools and knowledge of shop equipment.
Summary of essential job functions
- Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, and design data in order to calculate part dimension compatibility with machines, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates
- Machine parts to print
- Show proper process for 1st article
- Observe machine trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications
- Verify CNC code to engineering models to insure accuracy
- Will enter accurate data for CNC Horizontal Programming of lathes & mills
- Will practice safe and accurate application of cutting tools, adhering to correct parameters and general machine shop practices
- Write, store, and modify original and/or existing CNC Horizontal programs to enhance efficiency
- Store, retrieve, and transfer CNC data as required
- Coordinate with other functional areas as needed to implement and change CNC programs
- Provide progress, status, and troubleshooting reports to management
- May occasionally perform special projects
- Be a team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 2-year Technical degree preferred.
- NTMA or Vocational training.
- Minimum Seven (7) years of experience with CNC Programming in machining of parts/products with Mastercam Software X9.
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience with CNC Horizontal Programming in machining of parts/products with Mastercam Software X9.
- Must pass on-site test for Mastercam.
- Knowledge of GibbsCam or GeoPath is a plus.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM internal language programming
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and hearing protectors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
401k with match