A Material Handler maintains production and distribution of product by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies; staging finished product.
Job Duties May Include:
- Perform basic material handling activities: unloading trucks, receiving parts, in Epicor, material movements, order fulfillment, cycle counts and inventory error investigation.
- Identify, label and pull parts and move to the correct manufacturing production cell.
- Perform Epicor transactions pertaining to material control requirements.
- Receives assemblies, and process work orders built by manufacturing.
- Perform put- a- ways of inventory from vendor as well as manufacturing.
- Utilize power lifting equipment: pallet jack, forklift, stand-up, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, have sufficient knowledge of all equipment used by department and any safety requirements during its operation.
- Help maintain positive work environment.
- Maintains clean work area.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 year warehouse experience
- Good computer skills including: MS Word, Excel and ERP system (preferably Epicor)
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts and applications is preferred
- Maintain accurate paperwork and documentation
- Team player with excellent interpersonal, relationship building, and dispute resolution skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight time-lines
- Safety consciousness
- Prior packaging/shipping/receiving/kitting experience preferred
- Forklift Operation experience stonrgly desired
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and hearing protectors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
401k with match