Perform set-up and all position welding on a diversified line of standard weldments and structures in accordance with code certifications, alignment, dimensional and general inspection requirements. Fit and position weldments having a number of parts, use welding fixtures and jigs where applicable. Requires knowledge of welding principles and techniques and an understanding of how to read weld symbols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- MIG / TIG welding for Aluminum, Stainless Steel, and Cold Rolled Steel on Tubing and Sheet Metal.
- Adheres to all Company Policy and Procedures and Department Procedures.
- Notifies Lead, Supervisor, or Management of problems which affect the production / quality of parts.
- Completes all assignments in a timely manner and meets production delivery schedules.
- Set up pre-fitted parts for welding, and uses hand tools, clamps, jigs and fixtures.
- Work from specifications, drawings, print sketches and interprets welding symbols.
- May perform layout work and cut metal with a cutting torch.
- Checks work in process and verifies in-process inspection sign off during the shift.
- Assures all items on inventory list are logged in.
- Checks part and enters measurements on the First Article Inspection Report, when required.
- Work in a shop environment with a medium noise level and metal dust particles.
- Read Travelers and understand how to route parts to next operation.
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate information to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to receive verbal or written instructions that pertains to daily tasks.
- Ability to interpret and understand English and Metric systems of mathematics used in shop math.
- Uses good judgment; seeks advice and help when necessary.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate good hand and eye coordination.
- Good blue-print reading and weld symbol interpretation abilities.
- Good welding capabilities and in the use of all machinery and tools used in Welding.
- Able to sit or stand, and keep arms bent for prolonged periods of time.
- Safety lift 35-40 pounds from a squatting position to a four-foot height.
- Ability to work day/swing/night/weekend shift as required.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 3+ years of related experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
401k with match