Powder Coat Painter
Powder Coat Painter
Powder coats and sandblasts parts to meet customer and internal quality requirements by performing the following duties.
- Reads and follows shop order and paint schedule and/or receives instructions from supervisor regarding painting.
- Interpret technical documentation to determine correct paint application and surface finish
- Determine appropriate preparation of surfaces and application of paint
- Uses phosphatizing washdown system to clean and prep parts for paint.
- Sandblasts parts consistent with internal quality needs and customer standards.
- Inspects surfaces to prepare for painting.
- Uses electrostatic spray system to paint piece parts. Sprays work pieces uniformly with the proper amount of paint. (Mil thickness) Inspects mill thickness on parts on a regular basis.
- Inspects painted parts for runs, sags, and unpainted areas and cure as parts are being unloaded off of the paint line. Test painted parts regularly to verify paint cure.
- Cleans paint booth and guns to ensure there is no color transfer.
- Helps other department employees as needed when there are no parts to paint or when line has stopped.
- Completes daily housekeeping duties to ensure a safe and clean work area. Keeps surrounding work are clean and clear of powder.
- Operates computer system in relation to shop order and time card data entry.
- Follows maintenance procedures as required for all equipment in paint which includes but is not limited to maintaining correct chemical balances, wash systems, oven, paint booth and paint guns.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, written work instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to count parts for completing shop orders and for identification when loading and unloading paint line and loading and unloading pallets and dollies.
- Excellent attendance/reliability and willing to work overtime when necessary according to the contract guidelines.
- Work in a fast paced work environment. Will be required to work both independently and interactively and meet multiple deadlines.
- Maintains a good working relationship with his/her fellow associates and supervisor, and keeps his/her supervisor advised of all situations within the work area.
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, and hearing protectors.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
401k with match